Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Pride and Perfection

Hola mis amigos!!!



I honestly can't remember everything that has happened this week... I know we had transfers, but nothing changed... And there was something about two baptisms this past Saturday ;)

We had the opportunity to attend two Child-Record Baptisms, or baptisms of children whose parents are members, and it was really great! I was reminded of my own baptism and other baptisms that I've attended, and there was a really sweet spirit there!
We also took the opportunity to walk to a couple of our appointments this week (I know, in this heat?!?!) and because of it, talked to some really cool people, we normally would have just driven on by! It was neat to see how the Lord worked through us when we showed him we were willing to work hard!

My studies this week have had an ongoing theme of trusting in the Lord and relying upon Him. I have realized that really the ultimate sin is Pride because it literally separates us from God and is what every other sin comes from. It doesn't matter if we aren't Perfect, because God loves us despite our imperfections and if we just trust in Him and don't worry about doing it all ourselves, everything will be just fine. 

I have read a lot about Shepherds and Sheep in the Bible in preparation for a talk I'm giving in two weeks, and have realized the amount of love that God has for all of His children, and our responsibility as Children of God to help His lost sheep come back to the fold. 

We are going to bring one lost sheep back this Tuesday! Yolanda is getting baptized and we couldn't be more happy for her! Keep her in your prayers, and you will see more next week! 

Thank you for your tremendous love and support! 
I often do not have time to respond back to everyone individually, but I will try to do better about addressing questions asked each week.



Scriptures
Luke 15
Ezekial 33 and 34
1 Nephi 5

Con MUCHO amor por cada uno de ustedes,
Hermana Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment