Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week #15 Soccer, Sand, and Storms!

Hola mis amigos! 

I'm sorry I haven't written one of these in awhile, we've been swamped! 

So two weeks ago we had an awesome activity with the youth and I played Soccer for 3 hours! It was a ton of fun and we helped them get into the Missionary Spirit a little! Most of them are still pretty young, but they are still super fun to spend the day with! We had some really good contact with their parents too and are trying to involve the Ward a lot more with the Work here! 

Last week Florida was ready to have the Storm of the century, so we spent our Pday preparing for the worst! Still so far so good! We haven't seen too many repercussions of the Storm and are hoping all stays Sunny here in the Sunshine State! We have had a lot of rain though. Its kind of like Oregon, but hot. 

Today we are heading to the Beach for a Missionary Gathering before our wonderful President Cusick leaves. I'm really going to miss him. He has taught me so much and helped me to see how my time here will extend far beyond the time that I leave and prepare me for so much more in the future. I know that President Cooper will be an awesome Mission President, but I really will miss President Cusick. There will probably be pictures posted of the gathering today later this week! 

Lastly I just wanted to let you all know that the Miracles this week have been surreal. We had 4 investigators come to church! Jennifer, who quit her job; Irma, Jennifer's mom; Martha, who finally convinced Edgar to take her to Tampa 5 instead of Crystal Lake; and Pablo, a man we have been teaching for a long time who is finally taking the challenge to ask God about the Book of Mormon. The Lord is blessing us and His children so much, and my joy was FULL on Sunday. I can't even explain it, but I was crying and laughing all at the same time and it was oh so wonderful. I felt God's love for them as they entered the Chapel, and the Spirit there was much stronger than in weeks past. 

This Work is truly a Joy to do and I know that God has been smiling on Florida, even if it has been raining a lot. His love and Joy is full as He sees His children come Home, and I am just grateful for the opportunity to be an instrument in His hands. 

Scriptures this Week:
Luke 15
Moroni 7
"Keep the Commandments" by Thomas S. Monson from Oct 2015 General Conference

Les amo y espero que su semana es muy bien!

Con amor,

No comments:

Post a Comment