Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

#PRINCEofPEACE

Hola mis amigos! 

This week was awesome! We had Conferences on Conferences on Conferences!! 

First off, Zone Conference! Wow. I learned so much and truly saw a vision of who I want to become as a person someday. I have realized that I don't want to just be an "awesome missionary" but someone who invites everyone to learn more about our Savior because of the way they act. Someone who can say "if ye have seen me, ye have seen the Savior" or at least one of His disciples. We sang a song at the beginning of the Confernece, "Brightly Beams the Father's Mercy." It is special to me now. Sister Hunt was with us as we practiced and explained that the lower lights light the way to the Lighthouse, and that if the Lighthouse is Jesus Christ, we are the lower lights. Here are some of my favorite parts, I think you will see why: 

"Dark the night of sin has settled;
Loud the angry billows roar.
Eager eyes are watching, longing,
For the lights along the shore.

Let the lower lights be burning;
Send a gleam across the wave.
Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
You may rescue, you may save."

I think about those lines, and about my purpose, as a Daughter of God, to be a light to those around me, so that they can make it safely into the harbor. It is a purpose that each of you has also, as we learned from some of the apostles this weekend at General Conference.

I LOVE General Conference. If you missed a session, go back and watch it, because it is amazing. There were too many things I liked to include in one email, but I want to stress the importance of 3 things I learned:

1. In order to be a true disciple of Christ, we must have integrity and act out of charity.
2. If we fail to follow the spirit, we fail to follow Christ, and therefore cannot invite others to join us and "come, follow (Him)." 
3. We must have a vision of who we want to become, before we set goals or make plans to get there.

This is why understanding God's Plan of Salvation is SO important. Once we understand the plan He has, we understand our place in it and the need to share it with others. The church just released the new Easter Video and it demonstrates the peace we receive from learning of our Savior and the plan our Father has for us, as well as our Saviors crucial part in that plan. Go to Mormon.org and check it out if you haven't already!

I love the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and everything that He has done for us to make it possible to return home. I add my testimony to those borne that He lives, and that because He lives, "all things are possible." 

Love

Hermanita Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment