Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Women's Conference

Hola mis amigos!

This week has been awesome! I just love watching General Conference and hearing what our leaders have to say to help inspire us and lift us up! 

Women's Conference was especially fun because we spent the whole week inviting everyone we knew to come and see! I felt like a shepherd during the birth of Jesus Christ or something! We literally just told everyone we knew and met about the wonderful opportunity we would have to hear from the Sisters in Women's Conference and how much it would bless their lives! A woman named Olga and her daughter were able to come and watch and we know it blessed them immensely!

Fun tender mercy during conference was that I saw an old friend performing in the choir! Shout out to miss Rachel Madsen! You looked great, sounded amazing,  and definitely brought the spirit!

I think what stood out the most to me was the need to understand and apply the Doctrine of Jesus Christ in our lives. I know that if we have Faith in our Savior, we can do all things. He has given us the gift of Repentance so that we may overcome our weaknesses, receive forgiveness of our sins, and be worthy to enter into the Father's kingdom again one day. He has shown forth the example of Baptism and has taught us that through that sacred promise we make, we receive a remission of our sins. The Holy Ghost will bring all things to our remembrance and comfort us in our times of trial and heartache. As we do all these things continually, we will be able to endure to the end, or as one of my favorite scriptures says "cheerfully do all things" until we "stand still" and glory in our Father in Heaven. 

I want to add my testimony to those that have been borne, and those that will be given in the upcoming General Conferences, that our Savior lives, He has restored His gospel once again to the Earth and our families can be sealed together for time and all eternity because of that restoration. 

We are gearing up for a special zone conference before General Conference where we will be singing one of my favorite hymns, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." It isn't in our hymnbook, but it's message has always spoken volumes to me.  

"Jesus saught me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God. He to rescue me from danger, interposed His precious blood."

I hope you all have the chance to check out conference this weekend!

Love you!

Hermanita Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment