Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Still Clear in Clearwater



The training was awesome and I am excited to apply it to my own Missionary Work!

Also, we visited someone on Tuesday that has their own beach as their backyard!



I love the view in Florida!

We are working with a Part Member family and we visited them for dinner and a lesson on Tuesday last week. I would say they experienced a "change of heart." We chatted during dinner about our lives, getting to know each other, and then we sat down for our lesson. We talked about the Book of Mormon and inquired about how his reading had been. He told us that he read 1 Nephi 1, but felt that he didn't put enough thought into it as he read, because he didn't get very much out of it. He said that he saw some similarities between it and his life, but that he felt something was missing. We told him that it was amazing he had read and that he could connect it to his life, we testified that if he started with a prayer and had a question in his heart, he would receive that missing piece. The answers to his questions. We testified of the importance and the power of the Book of Mormon and then we turned the time over to Jeffrey R Holland by playing his testimony if the Book of Mormon. After the video, there was a powerful spirit in the room. We testified again that the Book of Mormon had passed through trials and tribulations to get to his hands and that if he turned to God in earnest prayer, he would receive his answer. At that point, we started talking a little more about his questions, about the sealing power and having his family with him forever, and he reached across his son to hold his wife's hand. That was what really struck me. He loves her so much and wants so badly for his family to be eternal, it was visible in his countenance and in his mannerisms that he is more concerned with the temple than the font. We said a kneeling prayer, he offered it. There was a hush in the room as he started and began to pour out his heart to God. He expressed the love he has for his family and his desire to be with them forever. He pleaded for wisdom and guidance and promised he would do his best to search for it. At the end of his prayer we were all teary eyed a choked up. Sister Harper turned to him, while we were still kneeling and asked him to be baptized in March. He said yes. It was an amazing experience and I will never forget it. They came to church on Sunday and he came to the Gospel Principles class. Normally he just goes to Gospel Doctrine. We will be meeting with them tomorrow and set the stage for an eternal families and Temples lesson this Saturday. I can't wait to see this family sealed! (:

I read a scripture this week in Romans 8:18,38-39 that really helped me feel uplifted! Go check it out!
Also, the Mormon Message "My New Life" is absolutely amazing! I think that moms are some of the strongest people I know, especially my own mom who had a birthday this week! Happy Birthday! 🎂I hope it was great and that you did something special! If you all could do me a favor and give my mom a hug in my behalf sometime when you see her this week, it would be much appreciated! Her birthday was on the 9th, but between then and Valentines Day tomorrow, I'm sure someone will get around to showing her the love I have for her!

Hermanita Jensen (: <3

Some pictures from our day at the beach today!








Hola mis amigos!

This Tuesday, we had an awesome training about how to become better
missionaries and how to increase the level of missionary work in the
Ward. It was some good time for self reflection and I am hoping to
overcome my own weaknesses and let them become strengths in the Lord
(thank you Ether 12:27!)

No comments:

Post a Comment