Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

La tormenta de los cumpleaños! ;)

Hola mis amigos!


Holy crazy week! 

It has been a full week this week and will continue to be so in the next week! We were basically visiting a ton of people this week and explaining about the pants situation ALL week and shopping for pants and setting baptismal dates and it was crazy! But super fun! We had a great District Meeting about using the Book of Mormon to answer questions and Hermana Greenberg drew a really cool finish the Book of Mormon by chapters thing! I will have to send a picture next week! 


On Friday, we had what is called MLC, where all the leaders in the Mission meet to counsel about the Missionaries, ways to help, and how we can improve over the next month. Well, we talked a lot about being diligent and reconsecrating ourselves to the work and it was amazing! Sister Cooper shared an experience she had last week (on her birthday) when the storm hit that I wanted to share with everyone!

She mentioned that as they were driving to Tampa from Lakeland they saw "a mile and a half of emergency vehicles making their way towards Orlando." She reflected on how, in that moment of crisis, as they were fleeing the destruction and asking the missionaries to do the same, these brave men and women were heading into the storm. They were prepared with supplies to go and help those in need. In my mind I can see it so perfectly, all the flashing lights and sirens, trucks in tow with tools and food, everyone inside in a quite state of prayer and reflection, bracing themselves for the worst and preparing to help. She related it to us as Missionaries. We don't have a fancy siren or flashing lights for our cars (that would be too much fun) and we don't perform life or death saving procedures, but we are Called to Rescue. 

We go out and find those who have been destroyed by guilt, fear, and spiritual suffering, and bring them to the light and love that our Savior and Redeemer offers with his atoning sacrifice. We offer our help to all, but only some accept. Those who are willing to put their life in someone else's hands. It is difficult, the recovery isn't always easy. Sometimes, it is a painful process to change. But we are all gifted with the Spirit, to help them experience Peace and ultimately, Joy. 


This analogy is especially touching to me because I want to save people and bless peoples lives for the rest of my life! I want to be a nurse one day and go to the danger scenes to help those that have fallen to far to lift themselves back up. I thought it was interesting that I am doing the same thing RIGHT NOW. 


I love this gospel, I love my Savior, and I love the perfect plan of our loving Father in Heaven. I testify that they have the power to save and want us to accept their love in our lives, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 



I also wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes! I have now spent two birthdays in different states than the one I was born in! I may have to make a tradition of it someday! ;) It was pretty low key as a missionary, but today we will be carving pumpkins to celebrate! I love you all and am so grateful for your support! 


Love,


Hermana Jensen







A salad of beets carrots and peas from Peru!

Normal

When the self timer is on for too long...

All the Zone and Sister Training Leaders! 

What we find while shopping...


Failed attempt at taking a "cool picture in pants"
The coming storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment