Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

Everything's Better in 3's...

Hola mis amigos y mi familia!!!

So, as many of you know, I have been in 2 tripanionships in the duration of my mission... This week marks number 3. A Sister had to go home for surgery, so we got to pick up Sister Slawson! She came out with me and has been in the same Zone as me since we got to the Mission! It was only so long until we would be companions! Needless to say, this week has been CRAZY!

Monday we carved pumpkins (kind of, the skin was super thick so we need to finish them up still...)


Tuesday, we had Zone Training Meeting! It was a super great meeting and afterwards, some sweet Sisters shared cake they had made to celebrate my birthday and Elder Bishop's birthday. It was delicious! 





After the meeting, I went on an Exchange with Sister Zinck! We had a ton of fun down in Lake Wales! 

We met back up on Wednesday and Sister Greenberg and I had until Thursday evening to prepare to receive Sister Slawson!
Then our water got shut off...

So we packed up and went to Sister Slawson's apartment for a few days...

And we have been together ever since! It has been a blast, but also super stressful because we all have people we are teaching and have basically combined our two areas into 1. It made church yesterday CRAZY. However, the Lord has been blessing us immensely. An investigator we have is deaf and we have been praying to find others that speak his language better for the past 6 weeks. On Sunday, we found two members in his soon to be ward that speak ASL and are willing to come out with us! We are stoked! It was definitely a tender mercy. 

That being said, I was still super stressed last night and as I knelt down to pray it all just kind of came crashing down. I wasn't sure what would help me calm down enough to sleep, but something a Relief Society Sister had said earlier came to mind: "In the morning ask the Lord for strength and at night thank him for everything he has enabled you to do." I decided to thank him for all the miracles he had sent me that day and I realized how much He had blessed me. All the stress melted away and I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. I was able to sleep and feel so much better this morning than I have the past two days. God sends us miracles and strengthens us every step of the way. I know "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 

Keep plugging along and pray for strength! God will give you everything you need!

Have a great week everyone!

Love,

Hermanita Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment