Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Miracles in Tampa

Hola mis amigos!!

I hope everyone is doing well! I was pretty stoked to come home last week and get a package from my wonderful family! They included a book that I have always loved growing up, translated into Spanish and it was fun to read it with my companion, "Tu eres mi mama?" We had a good laugh and I am so grateful my brother thought to send it out to me! 

I also still have not figured out to transfer the pictures from my camera to the computer in any way, so I will have to keep working on it. It might have something to do with the fact that they use the wrong brand of computers here... Not that my dad has any influence on the fact that I prefer HP computers ;)

Anyways, biggest miracle this week was that we asked the newest member of the ward, miss Yolanda, to come with us to a lesson, and she shared her testimony and it was amazing! I have been involved in teaching both of these women during my time here, and I never thought I'd see the day when they were under one roof together testifying of their Savior Jesus Christ and everything he has done for them! Yolanda shared about how she had been given the strength to overcome her trials as she prepared for baptism and the peace that she has felt in her home since her baptism, it was absolutely amazing! It really strengthened my testimony of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and helped me to remember how lucky we are to have the opportunity to bring it to others! 

I have heard from an Angry Bird, that there hasn't been much activity on Facebook since the changing of the guard here in Tampa, and I can promise that this week I will take more pictures so I can send them home, and that I will do my best to encourage the updates to keep happening! 

Something that has kept hitting me this week is how the key to life is really Humility. It effects every aspect of Missionary Work, and every aspect of life in general. If we are not humble bearers of the truth, no one will listen. If the people are not humble enough to listen, they will not change. If they are not humble enough to seek correction, they will not progress. If we are not humble enough to accept Christ's help, it will never come. Just something to think about! 

The Elders also had a baptism last week which was a really great experience! It is always amazing to see someone accept God's love and follow the example of Jesus Christ!

Other than that we are just keeping on out here in Tampa!

Mucho Amor!! (: 

Hermanita Jensen <3


No comments:

Post a Comment