Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekly Update #7 (03.21.16 - 04.04.16)

Hola mis amigos!

It's happening, this week is transfers, and right now, it looks like, I MIGHT be training! (Still a might be, because my Companion, Hermana Gibson, is staying for another week and a half, and it says "Stay and train" next to her name, but only "stay" next to mine. So, I will let you all know next week what has become of me! 

Right now, I am on a temporary exchange with Hermana Smith, she also has a companion who is going home, and had to say goodbye today, and I left Hermana Gibson with the rest of the soon to be returned Missionaries. It wasn't hard today, because I know I get to pick her up tonight, but by next Saturday, I may be a little downhearted... 

On the bright side, my Spanish tag came!!! :D I'm officially a Spanish Sister ;) It really was a little personal sign from my Heavenly Father, that I will be ready to train, because the day after I got it, I had an experience very similar to one that is shared in PMG. We were having dinner with some Recent Converts, and were getting ready to leave with a spiritual thought. I had been informed by my companion that I was to give it myself, and had been feeling apprehensive, but comforted and excited at the same time. I was trying to find a way to steer the conversation towards what I had wanted to say, but was having trouble understanding what was going on. I heard a still voice whisper, "listen." So I did. They were all discussing their conversion stories. I then heard "wait, and listen, you will know what to say." So I did, they each told what had changed, why they had decided to be baptized, and eventually I heard, "it's your turn." I then began to speak in Spanish about how this gospel brings us a joy, a joy that we want to share with others every single day, and shared that I was on my mission to share of the same joy. I related Alma 26:16 to them, and explained that I can't even begin to explain the smallest part of my testimony, but that God has given, and continues to give me the words I need to share what others need to hear. I bore my testimony to them about the power of God and how he will guide us if we are willing to let Him. It was amazing. I had not planned on doing more than sharing the scripture and bearing a small testimony, but God filled my mouth, because I was willing to open it. His tender mercies bring me so much peace.

This General Conference was incredible. I felt, this conference, that many of the talks, were  specifically for me, and that God has been trying to tell me to "Act in Faith" because "there is nothing good, unless you do it" and if we "believe it" we need to act on it. I hope each of you had a chance to listen to Conference, and if you didn't, know that you still can! lds.org has a link to watch conference still, and the talks will be posted soon in the Gospel Library App! Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity we have to hear from our beloved Prophet and Apostles! 

Miracle of the week was definitely yesterday. One of our investigators, Pablo, has been praying for an answer about baptism, and we told him that if he came to General Conference, he would receive one. He called us early Sunday morning, and told us that he would be unable to make it to Conference, because he could not find his keys, and couldn't leave the house unlocked. We told him to pray and think of a place to look, and then hung up, asking him to call us back when he found his keys. After hanging up, we prayed that he would receive an answer, and called him 45 minutes later, asking about his keys. He related that he had prayed and still couldn't find them, but that he had decided to read his Book of Mormon to try and feel the spirit better. He opened his Book of Mormon, and the keys were there; he had used them as a bookmark and forgotten that they were there. It was not only an answer to his prayers, but to ours as well, because he was able to attend the Conference and listen to the spirit, and we ended up setting a date with him later that night! God works in mysterious ways. 

Scriptures/Talks:
John 14:27
"The Divine Call of a Missionary" - Elder Rasband
"Facing the Future with Faith" - Elder Nelson
The "Face to Face" with Elder Holland
Isaiah 1:18

I hope everyone is doing well! 

Love always,

Hermana Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment