Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Fwd: Baptism Pics!

Hola mis Amigos!

Esta Semana, tenemos dos bautismos!! :D

It really was amazing to see both Fernando and Isabella enter the waters of Baptism and join the Tampa Cinco Barrio (Tampa 5 Ward). They are both such amazing people and will continue to grow so much as they continue to put their faith in Christ! It has been a spectacular week, and I hope that this week is just as Spiritually filling. 

We have seen miracles this week in more ways than I can count, but Fernando's baptism truly was a miracle. Elders Cantu and Mendoza contacted him almost a year ago and taught him numerous times, but he never felt ready to be baptized. We started teaching him after taking Sister Huber's promise at our District Meeting to heart, and following up on those who had been to church before, but had not been baptized. I don't know what changed for Fernando this time, but he progressed readily and willingly, and upon receiving an answer to be baptized, he was ready to act. Our mission truly is a time where we are sent to be Christ's hands in other peoples lives and help them follow after Him. Also, yesterday, I taught the Gospel Principles class in our ward, and that was a miracle to me. Before my mission, I don't know that I would have been able to say that a young 19 year old girl could teach people about the life of Christ in a language other than her native tongue, after only a month of learning how to speak it. I know now, however, that God truly works miracles according to our faith and devotion.

The keys to Missionary work are: Patience, Humility, and Diligence. 

If we have these three things, everything else will fall into place!

My testimony has been stretched a lot since arriving in Tampa - I have been stretched a lot - but with that stretching, it has grown. There are so many things I could say to people about this Gospel, but I know it is by small and simple truths that God's children are persuaded to repent and come unto Christ. He truly has done, and will do, so much for me while I am here, and I am so grateful to be able to look to Him as my Savior and Example. I only wish to emulate Him in all that I do, and I feel that as I continue to be obedient, I will someday. 

Some Spiritual Study things I have really enjoyed this week, are:

3 Nephi 17 - Read this with the Character of Christ in mind.
Proverbs 13:10 ; 15:10; and 28:25 - About Humility
The General Women's Conference! 
- We should strive to emulate the Savior, in everything we do! "More Holiness Give Me"
- Look up the Memories and Commitments we were given by Henry B. Eyring!
- Remember that we are ALL children of God.

I love you all! Si se puede! (:

Con amor,

Hermana Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment