Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekly Update #6 (03.15.16 - 03.21.16)

Hola mis Amigos! (:

I wanted to start my letter this week by stressing the importance of being exactly obedient. Already, I have seen the difference that exact obedience can make in even the smallest instances and I know that the small improvements we make each day with following the rules better helps us become better missionaries. Although I have not had problems with the desire to be obedient, it is difficult to fall into a new routine, however, as I strive to live the mission rules with exactness, I have been blessed. As I read in 1 Nephi today, a key to receiving inspiration from God is our obedience to the Commandments, because it shows our love, humility, and faith in following Him. 

Miracles this week have been occurring on a daily basis as those we teach keep their commitments and decide to follow Christ, but one instance in specific really opened my eyes to the gifts of the Spirit. We were planning on teaching an individual who spoke Burmese this week, and prayed beforehand to be able to speak to her in a way that she could feel the Spirit and believe that the message we shared was true. The woman we were visiting was not home, but her mother invited us in and called her grandson inside, who began to translate everything we were saying. We said a prayer with them and started teaching the Restoration. She understood what we were saying by how it made her feel and what her grandson was able to translate and although she did not out rightly say that she would like to meet with us again, my testimony was strengthened. I was able to see that the Gifts of the Spirit are not just for Missionaries. God works through all his children, and although this boy was young, he knew enough English to translate our simple testimonies into something his grandmother could understand. It was amazing!

Also, we are having two baptisms this week!! I will be sending pictures next week! We really are so excited for both of these wonderful children of God and their desire to follow Christ! One is a young girl who is part of a part-member family (the dad is a member and the mom is not), and the other a man that has been taught by MANY missionaries, but it just goes to show that God knows all His sheep! He knows us by name and He knows our needs, even the smallest little things. He has been helping me everyday and I know that He knows my needs before I even tell him. I have been learning how to teach the last two lessons this week and have been teaching the first three with my Companion, and it is REALLY HARD. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up for this whole speaking a different language thing, but I always remember that it is because I love my Savior and I am willing to sacrifice this time of my life to bring others to the knowledge that He has sacrificed so much for them, out of love. That's really what this Easter season is all about! I know that as long as I keep my eyes on Christ, I can be apart of His miracles! (Matthew 14)

Some other Scriptures This Week:
Alma 38:8-15, Alma 56, Alma 5, Moroni 10:8 - Book of Mormon
James 1, Matthew 14 - The Bible
PMG Ch. 7 Humility - Preach My Gospel

I would like to close with my testimony that I know I have been sent here to Tampa to learn, grow, and help others come unto Christ. Although I am new and don't always feel confident when I try to speak Spanish, I know that as I put my trust in my Savior, He helps me remember the words I need to deliver the message that these people need. In learning how to speak Spanish, I have learned how to condense what I say to get to the point faster and help people recognize the Spirit as the true teacher. It truly is a work and a wonder that God has on this Earth and I am grateful to be an instrument in His hands at this time! 

Con amor siempre,

Hermana Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment