Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekly Update #8 Transfers and Training!

Hola mis amigos! Como estan??

Alright, so I've heard that everyone knows already thanks to the book of face, but I am training! My new companion is Hermana Gucake (pronounced New-Tha-Kay). She is from California and her parents are from Fiji. She is pretty cool and willing to apply herself to learning Spanish which is awesome! Yes, she is fresh out of the CCM (Mexico MTC) and it's going to be fun to learn together! I am still a little nervous about training her, but I know that everything is going to be fine, because the Lord is on our side! 

So yes, for those of you that are wondering, it does mean that I am the Trainer and am both training her how to be a Missionary here in Tampa and how to speak Spanish. Some of you are probably a little more than worried about that, so hopefully this next bit will help alleviate that feeling a bit. 

On Monday, we dropped off Hermana Gibson and Hermana Smith and I spent PDay together! We taught 3 lessons that night, after getting all of our chores, and other things that we had to do to prepare for our week, out of the way. They went really well! It was actually super fun and really amazing. I was under the impression that Hermana Smith would lead all the lessons, because she has been on her mission for almost 5 months now, but she told me that I knew my investigators and that I was leading, so I did. Y sabe que? I could understand everything! I found that I was listening more to the Spirit than ever before and I knew what I needed to say to each investigator to help them learn and progress. It was truly amazing. There was one lesson actually where I felt like I had talked too much, but it helped me see that I know more about this whole Spanish speaking thing than I have been telling myself. I'm sure there are pictures all over Facebook, I've been pretty busy this week and haven't taken a picture of all three of us together, but next week I'll be sure to have one ready! 

Scriptures This Week:
Moroni 7:12-19
Doctrine and Covenants 6:32-37
Mosiah 4:10-13
Joshua 3:5
James 2:17-26

Thank you so much for all of your love and support! I hope you are all doing well! :)

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment