Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekly Report #3 (02.23.16 - 02.29.16)

Hola Mis Amigos!

This week has been so great! Seriously! I have learned so much that God answers prayers with exactness as we are obedient and trust in Him! (Doctrine and Covenants 82:10). We went tracting this week and asked for some specific things to happen, and they did! We found someone who spoke Spanish (which doesn't often happen while we tract) and they agreed to learn more! I have been continually relying on the Lord during lessons, and its been amazing! 

I have gone from setting a goal to bear testimony in at least one lesson every day we have in Spanish, to setting a goal to bear testimony in every lesson each day. The miraculous thing is that it's possible. I have been learning how to teach the "First Lesson" in Spanish this week, and God has helped me with every step! The first time I tried practicing with my companion, it took me 45 minutes to relay the simple message that God loves us and has sent prophets to teach us what we should do in this life to return to live with him again. Not those exact words, but really just the basics of the lesson. The next time, I relayed similar information in 15 minutes. I want to testify that God truly answers prayers!

Something that has been pretty ironic is actually the Scripture I picked for my Mission Plaque: Alma 26:16. It reads at the end "Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." I loved this scripture before because I felt like I could never express how much I appreciated God's miracles, but now, I love it because I truly CANNOT express even a tenth of what I feel in Spanish. Pero, estas cosas yo se: Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y que El tiene un plan para todas Su hijos. Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadera y que Jose Smith (that is how they say it in Spanish) fue un profeta de Dios. Yo se que cuando oramos a Dios, El conteste nuestro preguntas y podemos recibir respuestas. That is my simple testimony in broken Spanish. I love this gospel, and I love the Peace that God can bring into our lives!

Other favorite scriptures of the week include:
John 7:16-17
Doctrine and Covenants 88:80-81
Luke 1:37
Ether 12:27
Alma 39-43
1 Ne 3:7

Funny Story:
I had a slight cold this week, just a stuffed nose, but during a lesson, a little girl was looking at me again and again as I sniffled, so I said: "Tengo un elefante en mi nariz! Porque, mi nariz es un rio, y cuando (made the motion for blowing my nose) es un elefante!" (I have an elephant in my nose! Because my nose is a river and when I blow it, its an elephant!) She didn't believe me, but she did think it was pretty funny! 

Keep your chin up, and don't give up! I know that if it's God's will, He will help you find a way!

Con Amor,

Hermana Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment