Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Weekly Report #1 (02.03.16 - 02.11.16)

Hello all! 

It's been a wild and crazy week! Honestly, it feels like it has been a month, and I don't know how to begin to describe the feelings and progress and growth that I've had! I will try to write as much as I can, but I'm short on time, because, well yeah, life of a Missionary ha! (:

First off, my district is AMAZING. Honestly, I don't think I have ever been around such spiritual giants before! They surprise and teach me wonderful things everyday! I can't believe the amount of growth we have all had! 

This is my District and my companion! Yes my eyes are closed, it was super bright outside! X)




​We have been teaching 4 investigators while I've been at the MTC, and it's a really cool experience. Seriously, I have felt God's love for them. I don't know how to describe it. I was praying to know how to help the spirit help them and how to know what to say to allow the spirit to testify to them, and I felt an overwhelming feeling of love engulf me. I didn't even think that was possible. I just hope I have been able to convey that same love to them. They are honestly the coolest, and I hope that the spirit will testify to them this last time that we meet so they can take the act of faith to be baptized. They all want it so bad, there are just a few things holding them back.

On Tuesday, Elder Dube of the Seventy came and spoke to us. WOW. Seriously, just wow. I needed his talk so badly. And so did my District. Afterwards, we had a district review and everyone bore their testimonies and just filled the room with the light of Christ. The spirit was tangible and it was the most amazing feeling. I don't have the words to describe the amount of love I felt since putting on this name tag. Christ loves us so much. His wife bore testimony that there were souls in Florida waiting for me, and that is something I have known ever since President Samuelian spoke to us my Junior year. 

I would say that what I have learned since being here, is that we are instruments in the hands of the Lord truly, and that the music people hear, is the spirit. In order to play the melodies and harmonies correctly, we must be in tune with the spirit and that takes a lot. Think of how you tune a guitar. The strings are tightened and loosed according to how out of pitch the instrument is, that has been my time at the MTC. I have been stretched and come to be in tune with the spirit so that others can "feel to sing the song of redeeming love" (Alma 5:26). I know that it is only through Christ that I can be the best missionary possible. 

Love always,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment