Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekly Report #2 (02.12.16 - 02.22.16)

Hello Everyone!

These past ten days have been CRAZY!! But awesome (as always)! I left the MTC last week on a great note! I watched a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland called "Open Your Mouth," in the which, he talked about the importance of Preach My Gospel: by the spirit. That last part doesn't get said much, but it's the most important part! He talked about how PMG came to be, which was AWESOME because it was because of a missionary who served in Czech Slovakia during the 1930's (not my dad, but someone just as cool!). His name was Elder Wallace Toronto and he truly put his foot in the door and held his ground. He shared the Gospel with this woman, but it wasn't anything they had memorized or something they would have known to talk about by themselves. It was something the Spirit prompted him to say. That, and other experiences like it started what would come to be known as Preach My Gospel By the Spirit. The purpose of which is to convert the missionaries, so they can help convert others. That resonated with me then, and continues to resonate with me now.

When I arrived in Tampa, my Mission President asked me to accept a proposal from the Lord. He asked me to pray about whether or not I should start training with a Spanish Sister to prepare to teach in the Spanish language, instead of English. I told him that I had felt that proposal was something I was expecting and was ready to take on. When I read my call letter the first time, the phrase that stuck out to me was that my mission could change according to my Mission President's needs. I had felt that I would be learning Spanish every day since, and could not wrap my head around why. On February 16, 2016, my wonderment and prayers were answered. The Lord had been anxiously awaiting my arrival, because not two weeks prior, an Hermana (Spanish Sister) had gone home. I was her replacement, but if I had gone to the MTC to learn Spanish, I would not have gotten here in time. I am now training with Hermana Gibson, and it also happens to be her last transfer. It's crazy because if things had not worked out precisely the way they had, she would be in a trio with two other Hermanas and their wouldn't be enough Spanish Missionaries in the area to cover the needs here in the mission. I know that these next 18 months are going to be hard, but they will be SO worth it! A scripture that has recently given me strength is Alma 17 and Alma 26:11-16. I am so excited for the opportunity to keep learning Spanish and to serve the Lord!

This is my 6th day of Spanish, and so far it is going extremely well! I have learned to pray, testify, and recite JSH 1:16-17 in Spanish! The amount of work that the Lord is willing to go through to help me learn is AMAZING. My goal for this transfer is to learn all the lessons in Spanish, because at the end of this transfer, I may be training a new Hermana and I will need to know how to teach and understand. Every day I pray for the Gift of Tongues, and Every Day my prayers are answered. I am truly teaching 100% by the spirit and cannot express my love for Him enough. I am sorry that I didn't have time to answer everyone back individually, but I love you all! Thank you for your continued prayers! 

Here is a picture of my trainer and I, she is the absolute best! (I will have to figure out a way to send more pictures next time, these computers need SD card readers! :/) 

Hasta proximo semana!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment