Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Peace the Gospel Brings

Hola!

I hope everyone is doing good! Sometimes life can get stressful and it is tough, but if I've learned anything this week, it's that the Gospel brings true peace to our stressful lives. 

Coming home from a mission is hard. You go from focusing on everyone else to focusing on yourself pretty fast, and it's a hard limbo to break. I didn't think I would get sucked into normal life so quick, but this last week has been a struggle. Midterms, assignments, work and dating can be super stressful, enjoy this time while you have it! Yesterday I was feeling especially anxious, and it brought me to my breaking point. I was kneeling at the foot of my bed, trying to get a grip on my feelings, when my roommate walked in crying. I was able to leave my pain and fears behind to comfort her, and she in turn comforted me. We went out for cheesecake and just helped eachother. It wasn't until today at church that I truly realized how amazing God is. 

It's hard not having a companion. There isn't anyone by my side 24/7 like there used to be. I don't have someone that I can just call up whenever I want and talk to about my problems. I don't have just one person to share my memories with, and it can be really sad at times. There are days when I feel like I have no one. But I've realized that's simply not true. God blessed me with 5 amazing roommates who care about me enough to drop everything and help me out, whenever I need it. They love me unconditionally and are willing to sacrifice their time to help me. We have each served each other in small ways this week and it has helped our whole apartment to feel so much peace and love at home. 

This was shared in church today:

¶ Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.

10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Ecclesiastes 4:10

My challenge to each of you this week is to reach out to your companion, members of your District, or members of your Zone that might need a pick me up. Serve them. Reach out to members of the ward, investigators, and those around you. Pray for eyes to see and to be intune with the Spirit enough to know how to help. Then just do it. I know that as you do so, God will bless you with opportunities to serve those around you. 

I hope this finds you well! Have a wonderful week!

PS

Some pictures from the past few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment