Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!! Hoy es un dia loco, entonces solo voy a escribir un poco!

Saturday and Sunday was our Stake Conference here in Lakeland and it was amazing! There was so much talk about the new christmas video and the reason behind it and it just gets me so excited to celebrate the life and birth of our Savior Jesus Christ! 

The video (#lighttheworld) focuses on two scriptures:

"I am the light of the world" John 8:12
"Ye are the light of the world" Matt 5:14

It is so crucial that we understand that as we shine our light, we shine the light of Christ! I am so excited to show everyone this video and help them shine their own lights! for more information about the video, go to https://www.mormon.org/christmas/light-the-world?play=hero
On Nov 25, the video will be available to watch and the website with a Service Advent Calendar will open up! We are encouraged to show our light "In 25 ways in 25 days!" I will be emailing what we do for each day and hope to see what everyone else is doing too! 

As we light the world this Christmas, we will show the world that we are unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There was a wonderful talk given by Elder Alba in the which he shared a poem entitled "The Fellowship of the Unashamed." It made me wonder what I do to show that I am unashamed of following my Savior, and I was reminded that I literally carry His name on my chest every single day! I hope that I can live in such a way that people won't need to see my nametag to know whose name it is I carry. 

I invite all of you to jump on board this Christmas and bring others to Christ as you spread your light! I promise that as you do, your testimony of the love of the Savior will increase, and the outpouring of love you give will change hearts of stone. I have seen the power God has and know that His love works miracles among us. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!! (:

Amor,
 Hermana Jensen <3





No comments:

Post a Comment