Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Re: "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee"

Sorry, my iPad keeps doing this, please respond to "Breanna.jensen@myldsmail.net" and not this email, thanks!

Hermanas Jensen y Greenberg

El sept 19, 2016, a las 1:28 PM, Crystal Lake Florida Tampa Mission <274590010@mormon.org> escribió:

¡Hola mis queridos amigos! Espero que todos de ustedes están bien y que cualquier lugar en que están está tratándoles buenísimos! 


So this week has been great! We have been out working really hard and have had a ton of lessons with Members of the Branch present, so it's been awesome! We also have met some really cool people this week and I am excited to see them progress!


Biggest thing I learned this week is that Taco Bell does not sell real Latino food. We went their with Lioneidis and his mom Idalmis, who are from Cuba, and got the Freezes, strawberry flavor. Well, they did NOT like them. Lioneidis kept saying "Es demasiado ácido!" Which means, it's too sour! It was funny too because they looked at the menu and we're basically like, all of these things are so weird! It was pretty entertaining to sit and talk with them while hearing all of the English conversations around us from people eating. Made me feel like a "peculiar people" for sure.


Life has been different without Hermana Whitlock. It's just different going from 3 to 2 and having one less testimony at the end of a lesson. It always makes me feel like there is something more to be said, when there isn't necessarily. But it has been good for Hermana Greenberg and I to unify a little differently and I think I have gotten to know her a lot better this past week. We just got the transfer list too, so we have 6 more weeks together! I'm pretty stoked to see what we do this transfer because there is still SO much potential out here! Also super stoked to see what Hermana Whitlock does out in Tampa, she is going to change some loves for sure!


I think really the only other super exciting things this week are that we went to the other District's District Meeting (since I'm a Sister Training Leader) and it blew my mind. Seriously, I felt like going to another District would just be lame because I wouldn't know everyone as well, and that the District Leader wouldn't know what I needed to hear, but I forget that he speaks by the Spirit, and the Spirit knows what I need to hear! It was so cool! Everything was very spiritually led and got me super pumped to get out and teach!



I also read a talk this week called, "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" from October 2013 General Conference written by President Thomas S. Monson and I wanted to share this little part from it: 


 "Were it not for challenges to overcome and problems to solve, we would remain much as we are, with little or no progress toward our goal of eternal life. The poet expressed much the same thought in these words:


Good timber does not grow with ease,

             The stronger wind, the stronger trees.

The further sky, the greater length.

The more the storm, the more the strength.

By sun and cold, by rain and snow,

In trees and men good timbers grow.


Only the Master knows the depths of our trials, our pain, and our suffering. He alone offers us eternal peace in times of adversity. He alone touches our tortured souls with His comforting words:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, He is with us. He has promised that this will never change.""


How great the love of God is, that He can call a prophet to receive and relay a message He has for us, even before we needed it. My spirits were lifted as I read the words of this servant of God, and it has helped two other Missionaries that I have shared it with this week. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and servant of our Heavenly Father. He has the ability to receive and relay the message of God to us, His children, no matter what it is that we may be struggling with. God is aware of us, He loves us, and He sends His servants to bless us. We only have need to "come unto him" and let our burdens be swallowed up in Him. I am so grateful and excited for the opportunity to hear the words of His servants in the coming weeks! I know that they will lift and inspire us to follow Christ with a greater determination and am so excited to see how their words inspire those I know and love.


Have a wonderful week!


¡Besos y abrazos por mis amigas y saludos a mis amigos! 


Con amor,


Hermanita Jensen


También, vimos a ese serpiente el sábado! 






<Image-1.jpg>


<Image-2.jpg>


No comments:

Post a Comment